Friday, March 21, 2014

Ahhhhh Blogging, I Have Missed You!

Some of you may remember me, even though it has been quite some time since I tapped away on my keyboard.  I used to babble over at Running Just As Fast As I Can.  Then my life fell apart and I deleted my blog and my twitter.

To bring you up to speed.....

I had Max in May 2012.  My husband went to rehab in November of 2012 for alcohol addiction.  In December, he fell off the wagon for the 100th time and I finally left him and moved back to Connecticut.  I filed for custody in April 2013 and I will finally be divorced next month.

It has been a real trial putting my life back together.  I felt like every small accomplishment was matched by extreme set backs.  I sold my house, my ex cleaned out my bank account.  I paid off my car, my ex asked for my engagement ring back.  My ex and I finally have a good co-parenting relationship, something horrible happens at work.

These frustrations make it really hard to get your life back on track but I am working on it.  Every day has highs and lows.  You start to realize what is important in life and what isn't.  All the "stuff" bogs you down, so my goal for 2014 was to live a lighter and happier life.

Change is hard and change is scary but I know it is necessary!

3 comments:

  1. Alex, I had no idea. I'm sorry you've had these struggles. I know you're a wonderful mom and a strong woman. I miss seeing you all the time! I wish I could give you a big hug. Lots of love from all of us!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are brave, you are strong, and you are AWESOME!!! We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alex, holy canoli -- so much has happened. But look at you! You are still the gorgeous, funny, smart, capable broad whose blog I read so many years ago. I'm sorry for the struggles you've faced--I'd have never guessed. I'm so glad you're back blogging, though! And I'm sending you a huge hug and raising a bag of Swedish Fish in your honor. xoxo

    ReplyDelete