Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Long Overdue House Update

I have been living in my house since mid November and I have been meaning to write this post for weeks.  But something always comes up and distracts me from doing this!

In the heat of closing on the house and starting my renovations, I forgot to take a bunch of "before pictures".  Here is the kitchen:


And the bathroom


Gross right?


My mom refinished this antique Hoosier Cabinet for me so I would have more storage.


And we painted the cabinets gray and the walls white.  Say bye bye knotty pine!


I completely gutted the bathroom, moved the tub and the sink.


It is a really small bathroom, so I had to get a little creative with storage but I love how it turned out!

We also ripped up carpets on all the floors and refinished the hard woods.  The rooms look so big now.  Any house is a work in progress and I know I will be working on this house forever.  

It is really nice to be in our own space and to have a home again!  Makes me feel amazing!!

3 comments:

  1. I love reno pics! Love it Alex. How is Max's room? Does he have a theme? I am afraid to do too much in the kid's rooms, in case they change their minds later and hate it! Haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. So impressive!!!! Cant wait to see it! You should be so proud of what you've done!

    ReplyDelete