Friday, November 13, 2015

Being the Best Alex

You may have noticed that I am a bit of an over achiever.  Please pick up your jaws.... I know you are all shocked by this statement (sarcasm obv)

I am the OCD queen.  I love a to do list like no ones business.  I make to do lists and then up date the to do list on fresh monogrammed paper.  I have weekend lists, house lists, work lists, etc.  I have long term goal lists, short terms lists...  Feel free to hate me!

So it comes as no surprise that I seriously love me some New Years Resolutions.  I write them every year and I try my best to accomplish all of them.

I have ratcheted it down in recent years though.  There is only so much free time for me anymore and I can only accomplish so much.  I try to break my goals into three areas, financial, personal and misc.  This year my misc list was all about my house.  In previous years it was about my job.

For the last three years, most of my personal goals are about my appearance.  I have really struggled with losing the weight the I gained during my pregnancy.  Obviously my post pregnancy time was really tough and weight loss was my last thought.  But I am the first to admit that I have let myself go.

This year I took the first step towards changing that.  In August I used the Isagenix 30 Day Nutritional Cleansing System and lost 9.5 lbs.  I felt fantastic after.  So much lighter and healthier than before.  I have continued using the shakes as a breakfast replacement but I know I can do more.

For 2016, I am going to try the Kayla Itsines Guides.  I feel like my fitness goals could use a shake up and I love working out.  I know it sounds weird but when I have a bad day, I come home and do a quick 20-30 min workout and my whole head is cleared.  It is my go to for stress relief and constantly changing it up keeps it fun and exciting.

I just recently got back into running which is fantastic.  But as a long time runner I am aware that doesn't tone me up.  I love it but I need something else.  I need to challenge myself and I think this is just the thing to do it.

I like planning and trying new things so I am really excited about all of this.  What are your fitness goals?  And what are you trying new?

No comments:

Post a Comment