Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Training Like a Boss

I know you have heard it before.  New year, new you.  Get healthy in the new year.  Get the body you always wanted.   Blah blah blah  Been there, done that.  Bought the t-shirt.

But what if you really do want to get healthier, get fit, lose weight, etc.  That is me.  I really do want it.  I just can't seem to stop the candy corn and wine from going into my mouth.

And there in lies my problems.  I have NO self control.

Even at the peak of my marathon training, I thought I was overweight.   I was running 50+ miles a week but eating everything that crossed my path.  It was so frustrating to not see the results that I was SURE I would see.  Where were my rock hard abs and my skinny runners legs?

Flash forward, here we are a couple of years later, a couple of pounds heavier with a kid in tow.  So what do I do now that I can barely squeeze in a 30 minute workout, let alone a 3 hour long run?  Yeah, I don't have the answer.  I was hoping you did!

Kidding..... sort of

I recently tried Daily Burn.  I can't seem to get myself to the gym anymore and I actually really liked the idea of being able to work out at home but I was struggling to constantly come up with workouts.  So at $15 a month, I was intrigued.  But I have to say I am not in love with it.  The videos never change so three months later I am constantly repeating my workouts.  

I also mentioned before that I have been seriously considering the Kayla Itsines Beach Body Guides.  I like the idea of under 30 minute workouts, at home.  I know I can do that.  Will I be bored without videos to follow?  Probably.  But it won't be impossible.  

The other day I was surfing Instagram (stalking running accounts) and I found another runner who did the Beach Body workouts in addition to running.  I have done P90x in the past but an hour+ for working out is a pre-kid luxury.  So they now have Focus T25, which is similar to Kayla in the shortness of the workouts.  But these are videos, so easier to follow.  But almost double the price.

My workouts are a huge part of my fitness and I am always up for trying something new.  But I can't seem to bite the bullet on any of these.  So I guess I am looking for a suggestion.  So what to do?  Any one want to chime in?  Preferences? Experience?

Help a fellow runner out!

No comments:

Post a Comment