Monday, January 4, 2016

2016 Workout Challenges

I love working out.  That isn't a question.  I generally work out 5 to 6 days a week because it keeps me sane.  I can have a horrible day, come home and do 30 minutes of cardio and I instantly feel better.

But I do have a tendency to continue to do the exact same workouts, every single week, month after month.  That is all well and good but I don't think you see results this way so I am going to try something new this year.

I have devised a monthly workout schedule.  I am going to try a new workout each month and see how they go.  This isn't set in stone so if something sucks, I can always change it but I am interested to see if I get better results this way.

I only got a couple of months done right now but this is where I am at:

January- I am doing the Barre 3 Challenge.  That is four 60 min Barre 3 workouts each week.
February- I am going to do yoga 4 days a week.  I will be interested to see how my runner's body feels after all that stretching and breathing. I have been using Yoga with Adriene's YouTube videos and they are fantastic.
March- I am going to do the Kayla Itsines' 12 week Beach Body Guides
April- Kayla's Beach Body Guides
May- Kayla's Beach Body Guides
June- I am going to do Pilates 4 days a week.  I have been using the Daily Burn's videos but any other suggestions would be fantastic.

For now, I am trying to keep all of this to 4 days a week because I still want to keep up with my running.  My number one 2016 New Year's Resolution is to run another 1/2 marathon and I don't want to lose what has taken months to get back.  I am thinking a Fall half so August and September will probably be dedicated to running.

For the rest of the month's I am totally open to suggestions.  What are your fitness goals for 2016?

No comments:

Post a Comment