Monday, January 11, 2016

Staying on Track

New Year, New You.... or not?

We are on the second week of the New Year and how many of you have already given up on your resolutions?  Not me!  I am determined to stick with it this year.

I went for a long run this weekend and of course, we were all talking about how much weight we gained over the holidays.  When the other three woman mentioned their weights, they were all a lot less than mine.  I try really hard to not focus on the number, because we are all different.  But I used to be in those weight ranges.  And then one day I just stopped carrying.

Don't get me wrong.  I am not the size of Gilbert's mother yet.  No one is about to crane me out of my house or anything.

But I definitely have trouble keeping my eye on the prize.  And over the weekend, when there are delicious treats to eat or wine to drink or pizza to shove into my mouth, it is really hard to lose track of all of those goals.

For some reason, I can stay on track Monday thru Friday.  Being at work and out of my house keeps me away from junk food and focused.  But every Friday night the shit hits the fan and before I know it, it is Sunday and I have eaten my body weight in goldfish crackers and string cheese.

How do you stay on track over the weekend?  How do you remember that this pizza probably won't be the last pizza you ever eat?  Do you have a similar problem?

It is really hard and I still haven't found the answer to this.  But I know I am going to keep working on it.  Because I really want to feel good about the way that I look.  Don't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment