Wednesday, January 27, 2016

World's Okayest Alex

Some days you just have to throw in the towel. You gracefully accept that the world is clearly working against you and you bow out.  That is exactly what I did yesterday. 

I said screw it. I threw all my to do lists and my resolutions out the window. I didn't use my goal app. Didn't check anything off any list. No star stickers on my charts.  No achievements at all.  I say all of this with a huge smile on my face!

I tried my best.  I really did.  I worked hard, drove to Long Island for a meeting, took Max to the library, endured 20 toddler meltdowns and one throw water glass. I negotiated thru a dinner of eggs, Pirates Booty and random peanut butter toast. I calmly detached him from the dogs tail because we don't use Finley like a tow line. But when I walked into the bathroom at bath time and found him dunking his clean towel in the soapy bath water and scrubbing the 800 matchbox cars filling me tub, I was just fucking done. 

I calmly put him in his bed, handed him his iPad and got in my bed to read. 

I don't give a shit that I didn't floss and I didn't do my kegels. Fuck you to do list. The plaque in between my teeth makes me happy.  

I really don't care that my meals today didn't really achieve a healthy standard. I think a dinner of raisins and string cheese is really balanced.  And it was delicious.

I don't give a rats ass that I only drank 4 glasses of water today. I had about 7 cups of coffee and coffee is made with water. In my world, that math makes 11 cups of water today. So boom, goal achieved. Look who is healthy as fuck!

I struggled thru 25 minutes of Pilates when all I wanted to do was lay on my yoga mat and eat goldfish crackers. Check check check

Some days life is too much. Maybe I didn't sweep the kitchen and the garbage cans are full. I sure as hell didn't put away the laundry. And nothing short of a miracle is going to get me out of bed now to clean the dogs ears or whatever other bullshit is filling up the twenty random to do lists on the kitchen table right now. 


Some days you are just done.  And trying to achieve all of those things last night would have made me a raving lunatic.  So you reach your point and accept that is all you can do that day.  

Some nights you scrap everything, get in bed with a glass of wine and a smutty book.  I went to bed happy.  That is all the matters.  

1 comment:

  1. Yes, yes, yes. Sometimes, you just need to toss it all out the window. Smutty books rule. Get it girl!

    ReplyDelete