On a whole for the month, I think I did yoga 4 or 5 times. That is pathetic. Out of 29 days, that is only 17% of the month. I tried a variety of videos from Yoga with Adrienne which are on YouTube to a Living Social deal I bought for six months of the Yoga Collective's online workouts.
I would really like to say that I gave it my all but I think we all know I didn't. I just wasn't into it. It wasn't easy breezy like my other workouts. And this is why:
- You need quiet for yoga. That is a thing of the past in my house. Every single time I roll out my mat, Max shows up with his iPad or his toys.
- You need to be able to clear your mind. That is clearly impossible for me. My brain NEVER turns off.
- You need a lot of time for it. I tried the 30 or 40 minute videos but they just don't give you the good stretch that you get from a 60 or 90 minute class.
- There wasn't enough sweat. When I work out, I like to get sweaty. I crave it! Yoga just didn't give that to me.
- I can't do yoga in the morning. I prefer morning workouts. I have tried yoga in the morning a couple of times but I am too stiff and it is borderline painful. So now I have to do it at night which is a lot harder to fit in.
In reality, I spent most of the month doing more Barre 3 workouts which are clearly my jam. I lurve them!
But I did promise myself that I was going to try new workouts this year, so on to new things. Starting Monday, the next 12 weeks are dedicated to the Kayla Itsines Beach Body Guides. I am not going to lie, I was really hesitant about this. I have recently read some bad reviews online. But I was clicking around today and I found a 10% off code here, which brought it down to $45 American dollars. And that isn't so bad to try something out.
So fingers crossed that this one keeps my attention!