Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Being Super Mom

You know those weekends when you spend hours prepping for them.  You hunt online for fun things to do with your kids.  You plan multiple outings per day, to try and keep the little monsters busy.  And then all of your choices are epic failures....  Yeah it was that kind of weekend.

I knew the weather this weekend would be really nice so I was determined to spend our time outside.  For Saturday, I thought we would go to a farmer's market and then we would go to the beach for a nice walk.

The farmers market turned out to be a farm stand on a deserted road that just sold sweet potatoes and eggs. $12 and five minutes later, Max and I were back in the car....really disappointed.  I had hoped that he would get to see some animals and that there would be more produce to pick from.  But no to both.


The best part of the farm was this cool mailbox.  

From the farm, we drove back to the house and picked up the dog.  I should have remembered how badly behaved she is in public but I was still riding my "dreams of a perfect Saturday" high, so I dragged her with us.

                              

We got to Silver Sands State Park in Milford and was really beautiful....and really fucking cold.  The wind coming off the ocean was crazy strong and I spent about 30 minutes eating my hair until I finally threw in the towel.  Of course Max didn't want to leave and I had to basically drag him back to the car crying.  Oh and Finley tried to eat a dead fish.  Good times were had by all. 

He sobbed the entire way home and when we got there it was only noon!!!!  All my plans were a bust and I still had eight hours to fill.  So I did what any self respecting parent would do.  We went to the grocery store.

I took Max to Stew Leonard's in Norwalk because the store is so much fun and they have tons of free samples.  We ate and shopped our way thru the entire store.  He got a toy and I ate a ton of cinnamon buns.  And there was peace in the land again!


 Chiquita is my favorite!!!


 Sunday we got up and I introduced Max to the culinary joy that is boxed cereal.  He loves Rice Krispies because they are "talking to him".


The babysitter came over and I treated myself to six miles and a giant coffee from Starbucks.  I even got a chance to test out my new running watch.  It is very high tech and a little ugly but I love Garmin watches so I know it will grow on me.


I ended the weekend with a sweet potato hash made with my $12 sweet potatoes, apples and onions.  So delicious!


What did you guys do this weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment