Thursday, February 25, 2016

Down With Yoga February

So Monday is the last day of Yoga February but I am officially putting a fork in it today.  It was an epic failure.  

On a whole for the month, I think I did yoga 4 or 5 times.  That is pathetic.  Out of 29 days, that is only 17% of the month.  I tried a variety of videos from Yoga with Adrienne which are on YouTube to a Living Social deal I bought for six months of the Yoga Collective's online workouts.

I would really like to say that I gave it my all but I think we all know I didn't.  I just wasn't into it.  It wasn't easy breezy like my other workouts.  And this is why:

  • You need quiet for yoga.  That is a thing of the past in my house.  Every single time I roll out my mat, Max shows up with his iPad or his toys.
  • You need to be able to clear your mind.  That is clearly impossible for me.  My brain NEVER turns off.
  • You need a lot of time for it.  I tried the 30 or 40 minute videos but they just don't give you the good stretch that you get from a 60 or 90 minute class.
  • There wasn't enough sweat.  When I work out, I like to get sweaty.  I crave it!  Yoga just didn't give that to me.
  • I can't do yoga in the morning.  I prefer morning workouts.  I have tried yoga in the morning a couple of times but I am too stiff and it is borderline painful.  So now I have to do it at night which is a lot harder to fit in.
In reality, I spent most of the month doing more Barre 3 workouts which are clearly my jam.  I lurve them!

But I did promise myself that I was going to try new workouts this year, so on to new things.  Starting Monday, the next 12 weeks are dedicated to the Kayla Itsines Beach Body Guides.  I am not going to lie, I was really hesitant about this.  I have recently read some bad reviews online.  But I was clicking around today and I found a 10% off code here, which brought it down to $45 American dollars.  And that isn't so bad to try something out.  

So fingers crossed that this one keeps my attention!

2 comments:

  1. How much / how often do you do the Barre3? I just downloaded the app and tried the 10 minute desk work out. Liked it a lot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Lady! I do them 4-5 times a week. I have the online subscription because they have 10, 30, 40 and 60 minute workouts. They are fantastic!

      Delete