Friday, February 5, 2016

No Wine for Alex

The end of January means the end of my no drinking month.  I actually did more than a month but “Dry January” is apparently a thing, so we are sticking to that label. 

Given the stuff that happened with my ex-husband I really don’t drink a lot.  But every Friday and Saturday night, after Max goes to sleep, I am definitely cracking open a bottle of Sauvignon Blanc for a glass or two. 

But the holidays meant a lot of parties and dinners and by the end of Christmas I felt bloated and disgusting.  So it was clearly time for a cleanse.  And nothing cleanses the body more than cutting off your alcohol supply.

Though I don’t drink a lot, when I drink, I lose all control of my mouth.  After one glass of wine, suddenly a roll of cookie dough seems like a really great idea.  So in an effort to clean up my diet, it was clear that I had to stop drinking too. 

It really wasn’t that bad.  I definitely missed my Friday night glass of wine, especially after a rough week at work.  But I slept a lot better without the wine so that was a plus.  I also lost almost 8 lbs in January so clearly not drinking helped me sew my mouth shut too.

I think I am going to keep it going for most of February too.  I really want to lose some more weight and this is helping so why not give it a try.  Plus I need to kill my current love affair with candy hearts so maybe this will help me maintain some kind of control....HA HA HA HA

Did you give up alcohol in January too?



No comments:

Post a Comment