Monday, February 1, 2016

One Down, Eleven to Go

It is hard to believe today is February and my January Barre3 challenge is over.  On one hand, I hate winter, so I am thrilled January is behind us.  On the other hand, I really loved doing Barre3 this month, so I am a little sad this challenge is over.

As you know from my last update, the 60-minute classes were just way too much for me.  I didn’t have the time or the energy for them.  After I got over the flu, I stuck with 30-minute classes but in the end I decided that though good, they weren’t enough of a challenge for me.  Like Goldilocks, the 40-minute classes were just right!

I can’t tell you how much I love Barre3.  I know it has only been a month but I have really seen results.  I can feel that my abs and legs are much stronger. If I stopped eating so much I might even have a six-pack!  But the best thing that came out of this is my arms feel so much more toned.  I really struggle to tone my arms so I am so pumped about this. 

I also only ran twice in the whole month of January, which was a serious bummer.  The flu plus that big snowstorm last weekend really killed my plans.  It has become so hard to fit in a run, especially with the cold weather, that I am seriously considering the purchase of a treadmill.  Then I could run at any time, I wouldn’t need a babysitter, etc.

My February plan was to focus on yoga.  But given how much I loved Barre3, I think I am going to split the month.  I think I will try 2 days a week yoga and 2 days a week Barre3.  Hopefully one day a week will be a run and then a day of rest.  We will see how it goes.


How are your 2016 fitness goals coming?

No comments:

Post a Comment