Friday, March 11, 2016

A Journey in Frustration

In the beginning of the year we started a weight loss challenge in my office.  For the first time, in about forever, I felt really compelled to lose weight.  If you can't tell, I am extremely competitive.  So a contest was right up my alley.

I started working out like crazy, went back to drinking my shakes and doing a weekly cleanse and the first week I lost 5 lbs, then 2 lbs and then it basically tapered off.  Since the beginning of February, I have been at the same weight.  Last week I finally lost 1/2 a pound.  This week another 1/2 pound.

I am trying to pep talk myself that a loss is still a loss but I am so frustrated this morning.  One pound in 5 weeks makes me want to cry.  I actually did cry.  I stepped on the scale this morning and then sat on the floor and cried like a little baby.  

What bothers me the most is that I haven't cried over my weight since college.  In college I gained the freshman 15 and then went thru a very unhealthy cycle with diet pills, cutting out carbs, exercising like mad, etc.  It was a vicious cycle that resulted in a lot of tears and very shaky hands. 

When I graduated from college, I gained again so I went on a clean eating diet, started working out seriously and I finally lost all the excess weight and had a six pack.  A honest to god six pack.  It was amazing! Then over the years my weight fluctuated and finally I got pregnant.

Since Max my weight is up and down but I never really lose past the point I am at now.  Most of the time I lose interest.  Some of the time my body out right refuses to lose the weight.  Which is basically where I am at now.

I went on a run recently and the women I was running with were complaining about their weights.  Every one of them was 15lbs lighter than me at the time.  I remember when I weighed the exact weight they were bitching about.  I would be thrilled to be back there now.

I know we are all different.  I have a lot more muscle and I am much shorter than them.  I need some new motivation or some tricks to get past this plateau.  I am just so frustrated this morning.  Hence the tears!

What do you do to get past a plateau?

No comments:

Post a Comment