Tuesday, March 8, 2016

A Weekend Getaway

I was lucky enough to escape CT this weekend and trade in the snow that came Friday morning for the beautiful sunshine of Florida.  We flew out of Westchester, NY and into Orlando.


Max was so good on the plane.  I bought him some new toys and packed a ton of snacks and the three hour flight flew by.

Once we got to Orlando, we drove two hours south to Okeechobee.  My parents met us and took Max back to Naples with them and I stayed in Okeechobee for work!

Unfortunately Okeechobee is in the middle of nowhere and I had to get a hotel in Port St. Lucie, which is about 45 minutes away, thru cow country!


It is hard to tell from this picture but those are baby cows (calves??) in little cabanas so they don't burn.  I HAD to pull over and take a picture!

Friday night I got a wonderful treat- a night to myself! I went to Publix (love, love, love) got some dinner and a bottle of wine.  Then I went back to my room, watched tv, slapped a Biore strip on my nose and pigged out.

Saturday morning I did a quick Barre 3 session in my hotel room in my sweet new Walmart yoga pants.  If you haven't tried the Danskin line at Walmart, you are def missing out.  These babies were only $13!!!


To my delight, I managed to pick the hotel that was a proud (really?) sponsor of the NY (barf) Mets.  It was my own personal hell as a Phillies Phan!  The hotel was filled with drunk, sunburned Mets fans.  Grossssssssssss


After Barre 3, I stopped by the local farmers market


And got this delish smoothie- Kale, avocado, pineapple and cucumber.  It was so good!


 Then it was another 45 minutes in the car back to Okeecobee.  


That night, when I was done with work, I decided to drive to Naples to see the fam.  I spent over three hours in the car and saw more of Florida than I ever need to see.  But it was totally worth it.  Check out the view from my parents new Condo!


Sunday we all went to the beach and then had dinner with my grandparents.  It was a quick and busy weekend and I spent way too much time in my rental car.  But it was so great to see my parents and my grandparents!

How was your weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment