Monday, May 23, 2016

This Girl is on Fire

After last week's post, I have been on a complete roll.

Like the uber nerd I am, I immediately jumped on Amazon and purchased some new books.  Fellow nerds will understand that it is nearly impossible to make any changes in your life without new books.  I bought books to relax with (smutty romances), new cookbooks (Heyyyy Gwyneth Paltrow) and books about diet and exercise.  Basically I just love books and this was an awesome reason to blow up my credit card again!

I bought a whole bunch, but have only had time to dive into a couple.  Here is what I have devoured so far!

I know it is so cliche right now, but Kate Hudson's Pretty Happy is really great.  I was doubtful since celebrity books are rarely worth their purchase price (I'm talking to you Pippa Middleton).  But this one is actually really good.  

Not only does Kate Hudson's bubbly personality shine thru but I seriously envy that body.  I will drink any amount of green juice to have abs like that.  I am not done reading it yet, but it is definitely worth picking up.

The second one is Kathryn Budig's Aim True.  I found her on Instagram by way of Gabrielle Bernstein and instantly was drawn to her super cute hair and her happy persona.  The book is a quick read and definitely worth picking up.  There are tons of recipes and some yoga flows thrown in.  But the basis of the book is about loving yourself, just the way you are.  

Hold on for some tender moments.... but that really spoke to me.  Recently I have had some really nasty thoughts...about myself.  Ewwwwww.  Like the ones where you look in the mirror and tell yourself over and over how gross you are.  Or the ones where you lay in bed at night and tell yourself that you are a terrible mom or that you are in a dead end job and are never going to be anything amazing.  I hate those nasty little thoughts.

Part of this year's journey is to be at peace with myself.  As I am today.  Because we are ever evolving and changing and I won't be in the same place next year.  But it is hard to except that change doesn't happy in one day.  You have to constantly work towards it and sometimes you get a little off track.

I totally feel like I am getting back on track.  It may be the sweet smell of summertime on the horizon or the fact that my parents are finally home from Florida (yasssss free babysitters) but I feel good right now!  I wake up in the morning with a smile on my face and that feels amazing!

Lastly, I have been playing around with my workouts.  I may have Barre 3'd myself to death over the winter, so I took a little break this weekend for some manual labor and some yoga.  I totally broke my promise to try new workouts every month this year, so yoga is back on the menu.  On top of that I decided to tackle my garden, weeding, plants my vegetables and mowing my lawn.  It felt great to get outside and dig in the dirt!

Ain't nobody gonna break my stride, nobody gonna hold me down!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment