Monday, June 13, 2016

Where Did She Go?

Did you miss me?  I took the blog offline this weekend.  You may have noticed or maybe you didn't.
Last week my ex-husband started following me, under a new account, on Instagram.  When I first separated from him, I deleted my old personal blog about my super cool running journey (insert sarcasm here), deleted my twitter (no more snark?) and blocked him and his family on Facebook and Instagram.  At the time, I didn't want him to know anything about me.


So when he told me he did it, to see pictures of our son, my first reaction was "Fuck No!"  This blog is clearly linked in my Instagram profile so I immediately took this offline too.

Then I mulled over it during the weekend and decided I really don't care.  I don't care what he reads or what he sees because all of that drama is in the past.  I truly wish him well and I hope he feels the same for me. 

My life is different now and if he wants to see endless pictures of yoga mats, coffee cups and a crazy 4 year old, more power to him.  It was weirdly freeing to come to that decision.  Maybe that is the benefit of being older (cough) and wiser (cough cough) but I really don't care what people think of me any longer.

I know I am doing my best and that is all that matters!

No comments:

Post a Comment