Monday, August 15, 2016

Check Off July

I am a couple of weeks late but obviously the July workout challenge is done and we are on to a new workout in August.  July was sweaty and steamy so I decided to keep the workouts indoors instead of hitting the pavement for a month of running.  

This month was dedicated to strength training.  Back when I was a young twenty year old with oodles of free time on my hands, I used to strength train religiously.  I would work out four days a week.  I would run six miles, do some ab work and then work on my arms or my legs, depending on the days.

I obviously don't have time for that nonsense any longer.  Not really but I kind of fell off the wagon and never got back on.  Every spring I grab some 5lb dumbbells and figure that a couple of bicep curls will tone up all those jiggly bits on my arms.  But we all know that isn't really how it happens.

So I decided to really dig in this July.  Three days a week, I did a workout of legs, arms and abs.  It was about 45 minutes.  I would do weighted lunges and squats.  Calve raises and wall sits.  All the fun stuff.  Then I would move on to biceps and triceps, ending with a nice ab session.

The best part about this whole workout is that it allowed me to multitask.  Not only was I working out but I was catching up on all of my Real Housewives at the same time!  Dudes, we are in the middle of New York, New Jersey and the OC right now.  There is no time to waste!

But in all honesty I did enjoy these workouts.  I had that wonderful soreness after most of them, that is proof you worked hard.  My arms feel a little more toned and thanks to some recent clean eating, you can actually see a ghost of some abs.  A win win in the middle of summer.

August is here and we are on to a new workout.  I am giving Tracey Andersen a try.  By the end of the month I should be looking exactly like Gwyneth Paltrow so prepare to be jealous!

4 comments:

  1. I am sure my visitors will find that very useful.
    Ultimate Body Fitness Guide

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted to thank you for this great read.Thanks for sharing
    Ultimate Body Fitness Guide

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you. Thank you for sharing the update. It is interesting to have it discussed widely, so that we can gain more objective opinions.
    Ultimate Body Fitness Guide

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wanted to thank you for this great read!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it Smile I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post.
    Ultimate Body Fitness Guide

    ReplyDelete