Friday, September 30, 2016

September Workout Challenge

September was a bit of a rough month.  I am coming off of a long vacation in August and with school starting again, I have been having trouble finding my groove.  My diet has been filled with treats and drinks and more.  Because of that, I have been feeling tired and not 100%.  I have been working out routinely but a bad diet means that you will never see the results of all that work!

I really hemmed and hawed on what workout to do in September and finally I decided to go back to my winter staple, the Sworkit app.  I seriously love this app and if you haven't tried it, you have to download it.  It is completely free and a co-worker recommended it to me this past winter.  

You can pick from four types of workout, strength, cardio, yoga and stretching.  The cardio is KILLER.  Like your heart is going to pound out of your chest.  For this reason, I usually do the strength workout.  Once you select strength, you can pick from full body, upper body, core and lower body.

This month, I did all full body workouts.  I started with 25 minutes and slowly worked myself up to 45 minute workouts.  For the most part, I did these workouts 2-3 times a week.  The rest of the week went to pilates, Barre3 and yoga.

What I like about this workout, is the way they time it.  Yes it is a 45 minute workout, but every excercise is only 30 seconds.  Each exercise is different and it is very rare that they repeat in the same workout.  After 5 exercises, there is a 30 second break.

You can give your all for 30 seconds.  Anyone can!  Then before you know it, 45 minutes is over.  It is amazing how fast it flies by!

I have been feeling very soft and puffy lately.  Maybe from the entire bag of caramel corn I ate Saturday night but who is pointing fingers here!  Either way, I have been craving a workout that makes me feel strong and this definitely filled that need.

What workouts have you been trying lately?


No comments:

Post a Comment